Diversification & Risk
At the heart of the asset management industry, diversification and risk management will be taken up by the presentation of four recent academic papers on this theme and discussed during the panel session that will follow.
This event is organized by the QMI/QuantValley Research Project and the International Center for Economics and Finance (ICEF) of the Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, with the support of Euronext and CFA Society Italy.
CFA Society Italy has determined that this program qualifies for 3,5 CE credit hours under the guidelines of the CFA Institute Continuing Education Program.
May 16, 2014
1.45pm – 2.00pm: Registration
2.00pm–4.00pm: Academic Presentations
Chair: Arnaud Chretien (Founder & CIO, Aequam & President, QuantValley)
– Monica Billio (University of Venice): Diversification and Systemic Risk
– Serge Darolles (Université Paris-Dauphine & QMI): The Hidden Risks of Smart Indices
– Emmanuel Jurczenko (ESCP Europe & QMI): Generalized Risk Based Investing
– Attilio Meucci (KKR & SYMMYS): (Re)Defining and Managing Diversification
4.00pm – 4.30pm: Coffee Break
4.30pm – 5.15pm: Keynote Speech
Robert Fernholz (Founder and Chairman of the Investment Committee, INTECH)
Diversification, Volatility and “Surprising Alpha”
5.15pm – 6.30pm: Panel Session
Moderator: Christian Gouriéroux (CREST, University of Toronto & QMI)
– Daniele Bernardi (Owner, Diaman SCF)
– Yves Choueifaty (CEO, TOBAM)
– Gianluca Oderda (Head of Quantitative Investments, Ersel Asset Management SGR S.p.A.)
– Vassilios Papathanakos (Deputy Chief Investment Officer, INTECH)
6.30pm – 7.30pm: Cocktail
Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Auditorium Santa Margherita, Campo Santa Margherita, Dorsoduro 3689, Venezia